Ludgvan Church

Set on a hill overlooking Mounts Bay, Ludgvan's church of St Paul, originally St Ludowanus, is chiefly 15th century and sports a collection of gargoyles on its tower. In the graveyard lie the remains of renowned historian and antiquary Rev William Borlase and also of other long-gone parishioners, the parents of Sir Humphry Davy, the area's most famous son and inventor of the miners' safety lamp. The local pub, the Old Inn, is housed in what were once two cottages dating back to 1750 and serves real ales, food and accommodation.