Old Man of Gugh
Located at the base of Kittern Hill on the Island of Gugh is the 2.7 metre tall standing stone known as the Old Man of Gugh. Like many of the sites on the Scillies the menhir dates back to the Bronze Age (approx 3,500 years ago). This is the only menhir on Scilly to have been excevated with George Bosnor carrying out the dig in 1900 - nothing was found. The landscape around the Old Man is littered with entrance graves, cairns and hut circles from around the same era.