The Plaza is a five screen cinema located in Truro city centre equipped with all the latest digital projection and audio equipment. Four of the 5 screens are accessible to wheelchairs and there is a licensed bar.
The Plaza opened in February 1936 with a seating capacity of 1,176 in stalls and circle. It was designed in an art deco style by noted Bristol based cinema architect William Henry Watkins.
The Cinema currently has five screens, all of which offer state of the art sound and vision equipment. Screens one to four have wheelchair access, with screens one and four on the first floor and accessible via a platform lift (weight limit applies), and screens two and three on the ground floor. Screen five has no wheelchair access but films are rotated each week so there each film is played in an accessible screen (contact the cinema for details). Hearing boost systems are also available and both autism friendly and subtitled screenings are also shown (for both check with the cinema for details). All screens are fully air conditioned.