A view of Mousehole's oldest building taken in 1893. This is the Keigwin Arms which was once a Tudor manor house and home to Squire Jenkyn Keigwin.
Squire Keigwin became part of Mousehole's history in 1595 when a Spanish raiding party raised much of the village to the ground. In fact the only building left intact was Keigwin's house. Unfortunately for Keigwin he was not so lucky and was struck by a cannonball and killed while defending the village.
The building's most distinctive feature is the overhanging gable end supported by two granite pillars. Today the area underneath is fenced off with railings but it is still easily recognisable. Recently the house was on the market for around £750,000.