Blackwater Village Hall

Blackwater Village Hall

The village hall in Blackwater was built in 1890 on a plot of land donated by Lord Falmouth and with money from well known philanthropist John Passmore Edwards. Edwards himself was a Blackwater native but went on to become a London newspaper tycoon.

There are many more examples of buildings built at his bequest around both Cornwall and England. These include hospitals, libraries, schools, convalescence homes and art galleries

Related images