Rosemergy Mine - Carn Galva

Rosemergy Mine - Carn Galva

View over the bracken and foxgloves towards the broken old engine houses of Rosemergy Mine. This pair of engine houses are located at the foot of Carn Galva, just off the B3306 St Ives - St Just coast road.

The mine here was relatively short lived running for around 20 years until it finally closed in 1878. Back in those days these buildings housed the steam engines which powered the pumps and the ore crushing machines for the mine.

Related images