Mevagissey Outer Harbour

Click on photo to see full resolution

Looking down on Mevagissey's outer harbour from up Polkirt hill. The outer harbour was added in 1888 whilst the pilchard industry was in full swing. In 1891 the harbour wall here was seriously damaged during a storm but rebuilt in 1897.

Unlike many of the smaller harbours nearby, Mevagissey is still an active fishing port with a working fleet ice plants, cranes and storage lofts.

Related images