North Hill is a village and parish on the eastern edge of Bodmin moor, about six miles south of Launceston. The parish is split in half by the River Lynher, with the village lying on the east side. The 14th century parish church at North Hill is dedicated to St Torney with a holy well situated by the River Lynher also ascribed to the saint.
In the past granite was quarried in North Hill some of which was used in the construction of Westminster Bridge.
The landscape here is hilly and remote with some farmland to the east. Four of North Hill's farms were named in the Domesday Book, including Trebartha, which stayed in possession of the same family from 1066 until 1940. The house at Trebartha was used as a hospital during World War Two before being demolished in 1948.
Trewortha farm, a children's outdoor education centre, also lies within the parish, and incorporates a reconstruction of a Bronze Age settlement and a Medieval village.