Egloskerry is a village and parish located five miles north west of Launceston. The name 'Egloskerry' means 'Church of Keri'. St Keria is thought to have been one of Welsh King Brychan's twenty four children.
Aside from the churchtown, the parish of Egloskerry is composed of scattered farms and hamlets and the manor of Penheale, which was mentioned in the Domesday Book. The present building dates back to the seventeenth century and the estate still farms a significant portion of the land in Egloskerry.
The fifteenth century church of St Keri and St Petroc was originally dedicated to St Ide and St Lydy in 1260 but rededicated to St Keri in 1506.