Crowan is a parish and village in Penwith, bounded on the north side by Camborne. In keeping with the area, the parish was formerly the centre of a lot of mining activity and includes the larger settlements of Praze-an-Beeble and Leedstown.
The parish church is dedicated to St Carwenna and dates back to the fifteenth century, although it was substantially restored in 1872. There are numerous monuments in the church to the St Aubyn family, whose ancestral seat, the manor of Clowance, was in the parish. Clowance is now a country club with holiday facilities and a restaurant. The River Hayle rises near Crowan and flows through the village.
Numerous ancient remains have been found in the parish including barrows and stone crosses.