Detached 4 bed farm cottage set in its own private walled garden set on a smallholding in a peaceful local with Llamas, alpacas, goats, duck & geese grazing the fields. A relaxing retreat for anyone wanting to just unwind, yet a central base for exploring
* This is a none smoking property
* Peaceful location & comfortable cottage.
* No light pollution so on a clear night you can see the stars (some times the Milky-Way).
* Detached property in 14 acres smallholding with rare breed animals, Llamas, goats, ducks & geese, also lots of wild life if you have the time to watch.
* In its own private enclosed garden with patio/BBQ area.
* Away from busy roads.
* Only a mile and a half to Helston shops pubs etc.
* Close to Porthleven Harbour and numerous beaches.
* Large Tesco supermarket and filling station just over a mile away.
* Good central location for exploring The Lizard Peninsular, Lands End and West Cornwall.
* Up to two pets welcome (Â£15 per pet).
* Two bedrooms (one double one twin).
* One dressing room, or cot room.
* Modern kitchen and breakfast room.
* Cot and high chair available.
* Conservatory with table and seating for four.
* Two reception rooms.
* Glazed entrance porch.
* Off road parking for two cars.
* Oil fired central heating.
* Natural spring water supply.
* Service charges included in weekly rent.
* Patio furniture.
* Cream tea available in your cottage from 3pm on day of your arrival.
* Owners available to assist with local knowledge and any thing to do with the property.
* Access to some of the fields while observing the country code.
The cottage was built over 130 years ago and retains a lot of its original features internally; cast iron and tiled fire places, beamed ceilings, cedar wood walls (now decorated with the owners original designed stencils) and has been tastefully renovated to a high standard throughout.
Railed granite steps give access to the entrance porch which being glazed on three sides gives a good vantage point to view the surroundings and is just the place for hanging wet coats and leaving muddy boots.
From the porch the back door gives access to the kitchen and breakfast room. A modern fully fitted kitchen has electric hob with integrated oven underneath, fridge/freezer, microwave oven, electric kettle and toaster, cutlery and crockery, pots and pans etc. There is also an automatic washing machine. In the breakfast room there is table and chairs for four.
There are two reception rooms, one with lounge chairs wood burner and midi music centre, books and local attraction leaflets, while the other room has an electric fire, sofa and easy chairs, T.V. with free view box, video player and radio/record player.
The conservatory with table and chairs for four is ideal for relaxing meals while looking out onto the cottage garden at the front of the house where there is a lawn, flowerbeds and patio area.
The bathroom has bath with electric shower over it, electric shaver point over wash hand basin and a WC.
Up a flight of steep stair to the first floor there are two bedrooms and a small dressing room that can double as a cot room when necessary. One of the bedrooms has a double bed while the other has twin beds. Beds are made up with cotton bed linen, hollow-fill duvets and pillows. All rooms upstairs look out over the garden and orchard.