St Blazey

The Eden Project
The Eden Project

The village of St Blazey is located three miles east of St Austell on the edge of the former china clay mining district. St Blazey alongside the mining industry as an important engineering centre.

Par harbour lies within the parish of St Blazey, and goods used to be transported by rail from St Blazey to Par. The St Blazey depot is still in use today, although St Blazey station closed to passengers in 1925.

The parish church was dedicated to St Blaise in 1445, although the St Blazey parish was known as Landrayth until the sixteenth century.

St Blazey is now dominated by the Eden Project, which is about a mile from the village.

Things to do nearby

Accommodation