Show / hide menu

Penzance Union Workhouse - Madron

Penzance Union Workhouse - Madron
The infirmary block of Penzance Union Workhouse opened in 1838 in Madron.
It was closed in 1948 when the National Health Service was created. Presumably it was more of a hospital for the poor in those days.

It is now owned by the Madron Meat company

Feb 2007

Comments